Living Healthy ~

Living Healthy ~

Thursday, October 13, 2011

What I see...


What do you see in this photo?
a red-faced sweaty betty? yes. but go deeper...

I see someone who used to weigh 240 lbs., who used to HATE (yes, hate.) the way they looked and felt. I see someone who is strong mentally and physically. Someone who still second-guesses themselves, and still has "Fat" Days... yes. For some reason they never go away? At least not yet...
I see someone who loves the gym, loves her jobs, loves her husband, friends, family.

I see someone who now, has the confidence to run, smile, hold my shoulders back and be proud of who I am.

Do you also see someone who "probably has been skinny their whole life"? ... I admit it, I am guilty of snap judgements...
"oh, how does she know what its like, shes probably been skinny like that and ate crap for food"...
hush it, amy. I say to myself.
Its hard as humans to not make judgements, its in our nature. But today; remember:
*Everyone has a story* My story keeps being told. I want to inspire. I am not perfect, I will never claim to be... if you dangle a chunk of deep dish chicago pizza in my face, I am going to eat it.
If you tell me "I havent seen you in months, lets go out on the town" ... Im going.

You have to live your life for you, and what works for you. I often say; leading a healthy lifestyle isnt ALL about counting calories, intense workouts, and beating yourself up(to build yourself back up) --- MUCH of it is... but dont lose sight that this is LIFE and you only get ONE... enjoy it, live it up(within reason)... being healthy is about balance.

I just feel very inspired the last few days, so I thought I would share my thoughts! :)
I had a really *down* day the other day, about the scale...about life... and I just had the most amazing workout yesterday and really jacked myself back up to where I belong...
I also posted a quote yesterday that I will leave you with, until my next post. ;)

~When you begin to love your actions, you begin to love yourself~

Be back soon,
xoxo Amy

4 comments: